How do I copy a quiz to another course?
As an instructor, you can copy individual quizzes in one course directly into any active course in which you are enrolled. You can also send quizzes to other instructors at your institution. When you copy a quiz, any assets within that quiz (images, files, etc.) will be included in your quiz copy.
- To share course content, you must have the Course Content - add / edit / delete permission enabled.
- Shared content does not count against course or user quotas.
- If you copy the same quiz to the same course more than once, the quiz you previously copied will be overwritten with the newly copied quiz.
- By default, quiz copies will not include unbookmarked question banks. To ensure your question banks are included, you must bookmark your question banks.
- Currently, this feature does not support copying quizzes with linked question banks. To copy a quiz with linked question banks, you must use the Course Import tool instead.
Locate the quiz you wish to copy, then click the quiz Options icon . Select the Copy To... option .
Enter the name of a course or course code in the Select a Course field .
Search results are sorted by term, with the default term first, followed by most recent term start date. Results for each term are sorted alphabetically and display the course name , course code , and term name .
Select the course into which you want to copy the quiz .
Note: The Select a Course drop-down menu only displays courses in which you have an active or future enrollment. Quizzes cannot be copied to a concluded course.
When copying content, a message displays explaining that importing the same course content more than once overwrites any existing content in the course.
If you wish, you can copy the quiz into a specific module and location within a course.
Click or type a module name in the Select a Module field . Then select the module for the copied quiz.
To select a location within the module, click the Place drop-down menu . You can select to copy the quiz to the top of the module, before or after a specific module item, or at the bottom of a module.
Click the Copy button.