How do I import questions from a QTI package into an item bank in New Quizzes?
You can import questions from a QTI package into an item bank. This lesson describes how to add a QTI package to an item bank by creating a new item bank. You can also add a QTI package to an empty item bank that has already been created.
- New Quizzes only supports imports from QTI 1.2 and 2.x.
- You can only import questions if you access item banks from the Manage Item Banks page in the Options menu. If you click the Item Banks button, you will not be able to import questions.
- When creating an item bank from a QTI import, the new item bank is given the same title as the imported QTI file.
Open Item Banks
In Course Navigation, click the Item Banks link.
- You can also access quizzes from the Assignments page.
- You can also access Item Banks from the New Quizzes Build page.
Add Item Bank
Click the Add Bank button.
Name Item Bank
In the Bank Name field , enter the name of the item bank. You can share the new item bank to the current course by clicking the Share checkbox . To save your bank, click the Create Bank button .
Click the Options icon  then select the Import Content option .
Note: If there are questions in your item bank, you will not be able to select the Import Content option.
Import QTI File
To import a QTI file, drag and drop the file  or select a file by clicking the Browse button .
To start the import, click the Import button .
View Import Status
A status bar will display the status of the import.
Manage Item Bank Questions
View the imported questions in your item bank. To add a new question to the item bank, click the Add New button .
To edit an item bank question, click the Edit icon . To move or copy a question to another item bank, click the Copy icon . To delete a question, click the Delete icon .
To return to your item bank, click the Return button .