How do I import questions from a QTI package into an item bank in New Quizzes?
You can import questions from a QTI package into an item bank. This lesson describes how to add a QTI package to an item bank by creating a new item bank. You can also add a QTI package to an empty item bank that has already been created.
- New Quizzes only supports imports from QTI 1.2 and 2.x versions. However, some QTI 1.2 and 2.x 3rd party packages include software-specific item types which may not be supported.
- You can only import questions if you access item banks from the Manage Item Banks page in the Options menu. If you click the Item Banks button, you will not be able to import questions.
- When creating an item bank from a QTI import, the new item bank is given the same title as the imported QTI file.
In Course Navigation, click the Item Banks link.
- You can also access quizzes from the Assignments page.
- You can also access Item Banks from the New Quizzes Build page.
Click the Add Bank button.
In the Bank Name field , enter the name of the item bank. You can share the new item bank to the current course by clicking the Share checkbox . To save your bank, click the Create Bank button .
Click the Options icon  then select the Import Content option .
Note: If there are questions in your item bank, you will not be able to select the Import Content option.
To import a QTI file, drag and drop the file  or select a file by clicking the Browse button .
To start the import, click the Import button .
View the imported questions in your item bank. To add a new question to the item bank, click the Add New button .
To return to your item bank, click the Return button .