How do I import SCORM files as an assignment?
If your institution has enabled the SCORM LTI, you can upload SCORM ZIP files as assignments and as pages in your course (per the applicable package content). SCORM is a technical standard for many e-learning products and is often used to create course content. Once enabled, the SCORM Link will appear in the Course Navigation menu. SCORM packages are imported as External Tool Assignment submissions.
To enable your SCORM content as a stand-alone HTML site, you may need to re-export your SCORM content.
- The SCORM LTI must be enabled in External Apps at the account level before it can be used in courses. If you are an administrator, please contact your Customer Success Manager for assistance.
- If you delete a SCORM assignment from the Assignments page, the assignment will still appear on the SCORM page, and if you try to open the assignment, Canvas will generate an error. However, if you delete the assignment from the SCORM page, the assignment will also be deleted from all other applicable Canvas locations.
- Canvas supports the following versions of SCORM: SCORM 1.2 and SCORM 2004 (2nd, 3rd, and 4th Edition).
- SCORM is not available in beta or test environments of Canvas.
- If a SCORM package is not updated to require signed launch links, users see an "ApiUseSignedLaunchLinks is true, but link was not signed" message when attempting to load their content instead of a media player.
- If SCORM packages are not updated to require signed launch links, the encrypted launch links can be copied, however, they are only valid for a few seconds after they're initially requested and users see a "Token has expired" or "Player could not load" message.
In Course Navigation, click the SCORM link.
Click the Upload button.
Select the file from your computer  and click the Open button .
Choose Import Type
Once the file is uploaded, select they object import type. Click the Choose Import Type menu  and select an option  . You can import the file as a graded assignment, an ungraded assignment, or a page.
Note: The import type selected when importing a SCORM file is permanent and cannot be changed in Canvas. If a SCORM file is uploaded as an ungraded assignment, the assignment is not worth points, the assignment is not added to the gradebook, and students cannot earn a grade for the assignment.
Click the Go button.
Note: If content does not immediately load, your LTI tool may need to be reconfigured. Please contact your admin for assistance.
To view the assignment in Canvas or to edit assignment details, click the Assignment icon.
To preview the uploaded content, click the Preview icon.
SCORM assignment previews display the files they appear for students in your course. By default, the file preview displays a No Score label . However, if you complete the assignment in preview mode, the display changes to reflect an earned score.
To reset the test content, click the Reset button .
To close the preview window, click the Done button .
Note: All SCORM uploads default to 100 points possible.
To delete a SCORM file, click the Delete icon.
Note: If you delete a SCORM assignment in the Assignments page, you can still view the assignment on the SCORM page. Clicking the Assignment icon generates an error. However, if you delete the assignment in the SCORM page, the assignment is also deleted from all other applicable Canvas locations.