How do I view average course grade analytics in a data table in New Analytics?
By default, the analytics page displays an interactive analytics chart graph of all course grade data. However, you can choose to view analytics data as a table by percentage. Data is for viewing only and cannot directly be changed. You can view analytics in both active and concluded courses.
New Analytics allows you to track an average course grade for student submissions. The average course grade is the average of all student totals from the Gradebook. Course analytics will show you student activity, assignment submissions, grades, and student names. Page views and participation metrics include an aggregate across all devices, including Canvas mobile apps.
Only active student enrollments are included in data for New Analytics.
- If you cannot view the New Analytics link in Course Navigation, you may have to make the link visible via the Navigation tab in Course Settings. If the New Analytics link is not available in the Navigation tab, your institution has disabled this feature.
- Data is refreshed in New Analytics every 24 hours. Please confirm the time the data was last updated in the course, as content may be outdated compared to recent course activity and student submissions.
In Global Navigation, click the Courses link , then click the name of the course .
Open New Analytics
To open New Analytics, click the New Analytics link in Course Navigation  or click the New Analytics button in the Course Home Page .
Note: If you cannot view the New Analytics link, you may have to make the link visible via the Navigation tab in Course Settings.
Open Course Grade Analytics
Click the Course Grade tab.
View Data Status
For reporting accuracy, the page displays the last time analytics data was last updated. Data is refreshed in New Analytics every 24 hours.
Note: If the course has been concluded, the analytics page includes a Concluded label above the Data Last Updated date.
The analytics page is dynamic based on filtered content. By default, all results display the course average, which cannot be removed .
You can also view the average grade percentage for all students , which is not affected by any filter.
Filter by Assignment
By default, analytics selects all assignment types to display within the page.
To filter by assignment type, remove the checkbox next to the assignment type. The chart dynamically updates the results based on the assignment type selected or removed in the filter.
Note: At least one assignment type is required at all times.
Compare Course Data
For analytical comparisons, you can compare table data by filtering a section, student, or assignment.
View Student Table
On the Students tab, you can also view the specific students that are part of each filter.
For each student, the table displays the following data:
- Students : the list of students in the course sorted by last name. Click a student's name to view analytics for the student 
- Grade : current course grade
- On Time : the percent of assignments submitted on or before a due date
- Last Participation : the date the student last interacted with the course
- Last Page View : the date the student last accessed the course
- Page Views : the total page views for the student
- Participations : the total participations for the student
View Additional Students
By default, the students table displays 20 students at a time. You can view additional pages in the pagination bar.
Message Students Who
To send a message to students whose grades or submissions are within specific criteria, click the Message button.
Export Table CSV
To export analytics data as a CSV file, click the Chart Options button.
CSV data is exported according to the filtered data.
CSV files display a student's full name, sortable name, Canvas user ID, SIS user ID or email (if applicable), overall course grade, the percent that assignments have been on time, the last page view time, the last participation time, and the last time the student logged out.