How do I use Direct Share to copy an announcement to another course?
As an instructor, you can use Direct Share to copy individual announcements in one course directly into another course in which you are enrolled. Direct Share also allows you to send announcements to other instructors at your institution.
When you copy an announcement, any assets within that announcement (images, files, etc.) will be included in the announcement copy. Announcement settings, including delay posting dates, are also included in the announcement copy.
- The option to select a module displays when copying an announcement, but is not functional. You cannot place a copied announcement in a module.
- Direct Share requires the Direct Share feature option, which can be enabled for an entire account.
- To share course content, you must have the Course Content - add / edit / delete permission enabled.
- Shared content does not count against course or user quotas.
- If you copy the same announcement to the same course more than once, Direct Share will overwrite the announcement you previously copied with the newly copied announcement.
In Course Navigation, click the Announcements link.
Click the name of the announcement you want to copy.
Open Announcement Options
Click the Options icon  and select the Copy To... option .
Type the course name or course code in the Select a Course field . Then select the course into which you want to copy the announcement .
Click the Copy button.
Note: The Select a Module field displays when copying an announcement, but will not place the announcement in a module.
View Copy Notification
Canvas displays a notification when an announcement copies successfully .
When finished, click the Close icon  or the Close button .
View Copied Announcement
Copied announcements display on the Announcements Index Page for the course into which it copied . Announcement posting dates are not included in announcement copies .