How do I assign a conditional assignment for students to complete in MasteryPaths?
By default, assignments in Canvas are assigned to Everyone, which means all students will be able to view the item in their Modules page. Once you have added conditional assignments to a MasteryPath, you must designate the assignment for conditional release by assigning it to MasteryPaths. MasteryPath assignments only display to students whose scores fall in a range that releases the assignment to them.
To confirm that all conditional content items have been assigned to MasteryPaths correctly, you can use the Test Student to view the students' Modules page by enabling Student View. The only course items that should be visible to the Test Student are items assigned to Everyone. Therefore, if the Test Student can view a conditional item without having completed any coursework, the assignment may not have been edited and assigned to MasteryPaths.
- MasteryPaths is currently a course opt-in feature. To enable this feature, learn how to manage feature options in the course features lesson.
- For quick reference, assignment and quiz pages display user assignments. User assignments cannot be viewed from the modules page until the assignment has been assigned to multiple students.
- Due dates for conditional items are not applied when the item is released to students. To add due dates for conditional items, wait until all students have completed the initial assignment and then add due dates to the conditional items.
- Files, External URLs, and External Tool module items cannot be used as conditional items in MasteryPaths.
- If your course has a large number of students and/or if a MasteryPath has a large number of associated conditional items, students may experience a delay before they are assigned a path.
In Course Navigation, click the Modules link.
Locate the MasteryPaths item and click the Mastery Paths link.
For each assignment in each range, click the options menu  and click the Edit link . The assignment will open in a new browser tab.
Assign to MasteryPaths
In the assignment's Assign field, click the Everyone remove icon , then click the text field. Select the MasteryPaths option .
Click the Save button.
View Section Warning
Canvas displays a warning message asking you if you want to add additional sections. For MasteryPaths, you can disregard this warning. Click the Continue button.