How do I set a default grade for an assignment in the Gradebook?
If you want to set a default grade for a certain assignment, use the assignment drop-down menu. Default grades can either be applied to all students or only students who have not yet received a grade.
- When Multiple Grading Periods are enabled in a course, you cannot set a default grade for any assignment that has at least one student in a closed grading period.
- When Moderated Grading is enabled for an assignment, the Set Default Grade option is not available before grades are released.
- Submission status is not factored into default grade application.
Type the default grade value in the Grade Value field . If you would like to overwrite existing grades for the assignment, select the Overwrite already-entered grades checkbox .
Click the Set Default Grade button .
- If the Grade Value field is left empty and the Overwrite already-entered grades checkbox is checked, all assignment grades will be removed.
- A default grade will be assigned to students regardless of submission status.
- To have all assignments default grade set as missing type mi into the grade value field.