How do I select personal pronouns in my user account as an instructor?
If enabled by your institution, you can select personal pronouns to add to your user account. Personal pronouns display after your name in various areas in Canvas, including:
- Assignment Creation Menu
- Assignment Peer Review Page
- Comment Fields
- Course Sections List
- People Page (Course and Groups)
- Student Context Card
- User Navigation Menu
- User Profile Page
- User Settings Page
- If you cannot view pronouns in your User Settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- LTI tools, such as New Quizzes and Analytics, do not currently support displaying pronouns.
Open User Settings
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the Settings link .
Click the Edit Settings button.
In the Pronouns drop-down menu, select your personal pronouns.
- If the Pronouns drop-down menu does not display in your User Settings, your institution has not enabled this feature.
- Pronoun options are managed by your institution. You cannot add pronoun options.
Click the Update Settings button.