How do I create a new ePortfolio as an instructor?
You can create a new ePortfolio in your user settings. You must be enrolled in a course to create an ePortfolio.
- If you cannot view the ePortfolio link in your User Account, your institution has disabled this feature.
- If you are using a Free-for-Teacher account, you cannot publish a course until you have verified your email address.
- If you do not see the Create an ePortfolio button, you may have an ePortfolio that has been marked as spam. Contact your Canvas administrator for further assistance.
- This lesson displays how to use Canvas ePortfolios in your user account. If ePortfolios in your user account displays differently than the images in this lesson, learn how to use Canvas Student ePortfolios.
In Global Navigation, click the Account link , then click the ePortfolios link .
Click the Create an ePortfolio button.
- You must be enrolled in a course to create a new ePortfolio.
- If the Create an ePortfolio button does not display, you may have an ePortfolio that has been marked as spam. Contact your Canvas administrator for further assistance.
Name your ePortfolio by typing in the ePortfolio Name field . Decide if your ePortfolio will be public  (you can change this setting later) and then click on the Make ePortfolio button .
Once the ePortfolio is created, there are several options for creating content for your portfolio, including a wizard that will walk you through your creation, step by step.
If your ePortfolio has been marked as spam, a warning message will display in your ePortfolio. You will be unable to edit your ePortfolio until a Canvas administrator marks the ePortfolio as safe. Additionally, you will not be able to create any new ePortfolios until a Canvas administrator marks the ePortfolio as safe.