How do I request a new Impact feature?
We are focused on building strong communication and collaboration with our customers. Our goal is to collect your feedback and feature suggestions so that we can help enhance your experience of using Impact at your institution. Your requests and suggestions are essential to our product development and to streamline all your feedback, we use our Impact Ideas and Themes.
To open the Impact Ideas and Themes space, visit the Impact space. Locate and click the Ideas and Themes button.
Before posting your idea, see if your idea or a version of your idea has been suggested in one of the stages:
- Identified: Themes start out in this non-voting stage and are created by a member of the product Team based on trends identified from idea submissions. As new ideas are submitted, they might be added to an existing identified Theme or create the need for a new identified Theme.
- Open for Voting: Themes that are Open for Voting allow any Community member to vote or comment on the theme during the 30-day voting window. Comments on Open for Voting themes allow users to share use cases, discuss benefits, and share constructive feedback that may argue against the theme. Product teams will moderate the comments and respond as appropriate.
- Prioritized: These themes have gone through the voting process and have been selected by Instructure to be delivered within the next six months. As Instructure works through the development process for this theme, Instructure Product Teams will provide updates and engage the community for feedback on the potential solutions. When we deliver on prioritized themes, our focus is on solving the problem with the best solution we have identified. Due to this, the end solution and deliverable may be different from solutions or specific asks in the original ideas. If the problem of an idea mapped to a prioritized theme is not solved in our end solution, we will re-map the idea to a different theme (existing, new or extension of the current theme if the scope was deemed too big). The theme would go back through the process.
Note: Some themes will extend past six months of development depending on the size and complexity of the theme.
To view ideas or submit ideas, click the View and Submit Ideas button.
To view ideas, use the Filter Idea Conversations
Filter by Idea Status dropdown :
- New - Ideas that have not yet been reviewed by Instructure. Ideas in New may be merged with existing ideas that request similar feature updates once reviewed.
- Seeking Clarity - An idea that is incomplete or needs clarification.
- Added to Theme - Ideas that meet the review criteria and are relevant to a theme move into this status. The mapped theme can be referenced from the idea.
- Will Not Consider - Ideas will include a comment and provide clear reason for why the idea will not be considered.
- Completed - Ideas that have completed the process and are being developed.
Filter by Theme dropdown  allows you to select Impact themes.
Sort Ideas dropdown  allows you to filter ideas by oldest, newest, or number of replies.
To learn more about submitting ideas, visit How do I create a new idea in the Instructure Community?
By default, the global search bar returns results for keywords in the entire community. To limit your search to the idea conversations space, click the All Community drop-down  and select the Idea Exchange option .
To search for ideas by keyword, enter keywords in the Search field .
To view an idea conversation, click the idea conversation title .
Rate the idea
If the idea is in the Open Idea Conversations stage, you can rate the idea .
If your idea is a slight variation of an existing conversation or you have additional thoughts, you may want to add comments to the existing conversation thread .
Share the idea
If you'd like to send the idea to others, you can share the idea .